Tuesday, October 23, 2012

KENDRICK DISCUSSES THE MAKING OF "GOOD KID, M.A.A.D CITY"

Photo Courtesy of: http://theversed.com/2012/08/14/kendrick-lamar-explains-signing-to-aftermath-record-label-supports-frank-ocean-coming-out/

In a recent interview with Complex, Kendrick Lamar discussed the making of his new album, good kid, m.A.A.d city.  The topics he touched on were his father, Lady GaGa almost being on, "Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe," and the meaning of the abbreviation 'm.A.A.d'.

When discussing his father, he said:

"I had a father in my life.  He wasn't no perfect person.  But at the same time, he had much love for me.  He made sure I had a better life, he made sure I found that life through music."  

On Lady GaGa:

"[Lady GaGa was going to be on the song (Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe)].  We had a date, but we had to meet the deadline for the pre-order date.  That's just the business side coming through and messing things up.  I'm not really too tight about it because I know we have something special."

On 'm.A.A.d':

"'m.A.A.d city' has two meanings; My Angel on Angel Dust and My Angry Adolescence Divided.  If you listen to the album [you'll find out] the reason why I don't smoke weed.  Because once upon a time, you'd find stuff laced with cocaine [and angel dust].  That really happened to me.  That's the reason for the title."

No comments:

Post a Comment